On the heels of yesterday’s kitchen door post, I figured I would just keep the ball rolling on home decor reveals and share our shiplap dining room reveal with y’all today!
I have shared some pictures and sneak peeks of our dining room before, but haven’t ever actually devoted an entire post to this room yet- and it totally deserves it!
Sometimes, when I close my eyes, I can still see that red staring back at me….
So that is what we started with! Red paint, floor to ceiling wall paper, one single(while, totally cool) outdated chandelier, and an eclectic mix of decor items.
Here is the list of all of the things we(Jim) did in this room!
- Took down wall paper from the walls AND the ceiling
- Cut down, sanded, installed, and painted shiplap(tutorial coming SOON!)
- Installed all new recessed lighting and three new pendant lights
- Stripped and stained the top of the dining room table with a darker stain
- Built from scratch and installed floating wood shelves (and carried out the top of the old hutch to the garage all by himself- ha!)
- Hung up wall decor and curtains!
And that’s it!
I waited so long to share this space because I kept hoping to do more with it, but ultimately decided that I do truly love how it is now. Plus, I can always share any more changes that we do in here later!
I’d love to bring a big rug into this room, but, since I have like ten million kids dropping food in here now- I probably won’t.
I would also love to get two big wing back chairs to put on the ends of the table for more seating.
And, there was also some talk at one point about installing barn doors in here as well. Which 1) I think would be awesome and 2) the barn doors Jim made for Finn’s nursery turned out so amazing, we know they would look SO good in here too! But, we’ll see 🙂
You can shop a few of the things from our shiplap dining room in the widget below! (honestly though, most of the items in this room are hand me downs!)